The LaPSI (Laboratory of Signal and Image Processing) is affiliated with both the Department of Electrical Engineering (DELET) and the Graduate Program in Electrical Engineering (PPGEE), of the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS).
The research team is composed: 3 professors, 5 doctoral students, 4 master’s degree students, 7 undergraduate research assistants and 6 collaborators. Also, there are students working on his or her undergraduate final thesis or working as interns to complete the required internship.
The laboratory was founded in 1991 [History] to fulfil the lack of research in the field of image and general signal processing at the University.
Current Research lines at LaPSI:
- Development of algorithms for image processing
- Development of hardware architectures for image processing
- Projects of ASIC circuits for acquisition and treatment of bioelectrical signals
- Processing of bioelectrical signals
- Analogic circuit testing for SoC
- Development of statistical A/D converter